Cynthea consults for the children’s and teen sector and often acts as a project manager, story architect, author, editor, and ghostwriter for private client publishers, as well as aspiring and well-published authors for major trade publishers and independent publishers.
The following are examples of client projects:
- Serve as adviser on publishing children’s content for children and teens using traditional book printing and/or Print On Demand (POD)
- Manage projects involving substantive, developmental and heavy-medium line-level copyedits for children’s and teen fiction
- Manage copyediting and proofreading jobs for independent book publishers
- Create narratives for augmented reality apps
- Workshop storyboards for video and music for children with record producers
- Manage production and distribution of e-books, paperbacks, hardcover books, and audiobooks
- Develop marketing and advertising strategy for book titles
- Train clients on Amazon Advertising PPC keyword campaign
- Manage novelizations of Hollywood movies for POD publication
If you have a question about something related to creating, distributing, and selling children’s content in the marketplace, Cynthea can help find the answer based on your overall goals, objectives, and needs.
Cynthea Liu is a former management consultant for Fortune 500 companies, turned children’s book author, turned back into a consultant, but this time with book publishing. Combining her unique experiences as a consultant and author, she finds great joy in helping clients achieve realistic results in a very competitive and difficult industry. She is published with major trade publishers such as Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, Sterling, and Scholastic, and her works have been translated into multiple languages. She has also written original titles and ghostwritten bestselling children’s books with Disney Publishing Worldwide. She is published in the following juvenile fiction categories: board book, chapter book, middle grade, and young adult.
Ms. Liu holds a bachelor’s degree from Wellesley College in Economics and an M.F.A from Antioch University Los Angeles in Creative Writing. She also holds a Copyediting Certificate from UCSD.